Here we are. Day 1 of P90X2! First up on the menu is X2 Core.
I’ve done this one before. I did it about a week ago as a practice session so I wouldn’t be going in to phase 1 cold. I didn’t, however, do every rep. It was only practice, after all! This time was different.
After the warmup, it was time to get on the foam roller. I did all the prescribed time and paused it for a while so I could torture myself a bit longer on my arms. I’m not totally sold on the miracles that Tony claims the roller will do for you, but I’m willing to give it a shot. We shall see.
Through the rest of the workout, I did at least the minimum requested reps. I paused the video a couple of times for a breather after some particularly painful exercises. The moves that I had the most problems with were as follows:
- Single Leg Walkout to Sphinx – This is just a flexibility issue. I can’t go right down to touch the ground to start walking out. This should get better quickly.
- 3 Speed Med Ball Pushup – This one just torched me. The ball kept moving around. That would be a sign that I’m not in complete control during the movement. That’s where I’ll focus next time.
- Plank Burpee on Stability Ball – I need more air on my stability ball. My hands would press too deeply into the ball and caused some discomfort.
- Med Ball Dreya Roll – The medicine ball does help! I was never able to get these into my routine in P90X as my gut keeps me from completely folding over. The extra weight from the ball gets me up on my feet, though awkwardly. Had to pause after this one.
- One Leg Medicine Ball Burpee – I was gassed at this point. Going down on that little medicine ball was about all I could do to keep from falling. I only managed about 5 of these.
All in all, it wasn’t too bad. Got my heart rate up to a nice level. Set some good goal numbers for next time. I’m excited to see those numbers grow!